Singapore Toy, Games and Comic Convention 2010

Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2010 by Shaun in Labels: , ,
4

Thanks to Reed Exhibitions for the invite to STGCC 2010.




While there's no denying that the organisers did a great job bringing in heavyweight celebrities from the said industries and putting together a fantastic line up of programmes, I personally wished that there were more toy stalls, and that Hasbro and Bandai had a bigger presence at the show. But I must commend the organisers for reducing the focus on vinyl designer toys, which was really an overdose for the inaugural event in 08.

























Personal highlights for SGTCC
- Scoring two 1:6 figures that were launched specially at SGTCC.



There's no way of knowing what the actual production numbers on this items are, and they could very well flood the market after this. But it was good to get toys from a scale I collect that were bearing STGCC 2010's logo.

- Meeting Leinil Frances Yu



In this book, Leinil sketched Clark wearing a pair of White/Black Nike shoes. Which got me interested in having my kitbashed 1:6 Clark Kent sport the same pair. This got me hunting down a pair of Nike Air Force 1s in the same colourway. The amalgamation of these items resulted in this photo.



So I showed this photo to Leinil and he was adequately amused.



Singapore Toy, Games and Comic Convention 2010 happens this weekend, so do drop by if you're a pop-culture/collectible fan.

4 comments:

  1. sket says:

    what hot toys exclusive is action city doing this year? any blythe booth?

  1. neoconvoy says:

    So I showed this photo to Leinil and he was adequately amused.

    fanboy alert.

  1. Shaun says:

    no HT exclusives this year, Simon. Didn't see a Blythe booth either.

  1. desmond says:

    I received email from U-toys. Soldier Story produced 500 pieces for each of their Exclusives in this event. I bought one of them too :)