Gundam HG 1/144 Unicorn Gundam Destroy & Unicorn Mode in Shelf

Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 by Shaun in Labels: , , ,
5

Scored these two kits during Metro Sengkang's Gundam promotion last weekend to show my support for my neighbourhood toy store. I'm not finished with them yet, but I was fiddling around with them to see how my Gundam shelf could fit them.

Gundam HG 1/144 Unicorn Gundam Destroy & Unicorn Mode

Again the post has to cope with poor camera phone pix. I will get some proper pix when I'm completed with them. I've sprayed the weapons gunmetal with gloss coat, matt coated the white bits, sprayed the grey and dark blue parts and matt coated, but am still deliberating on whether to panel line these kits as the ultra white look is quite fetching, IMHO.

These kits come with the Dengeki Mag exclusive Unicorn Head bases, as reviewed by Leon here, so I'm figuring out the best way to paint the Unicorn head bases, as there most likely will be masking involved on the neck and inner collar area and v-fins, as well as handpainting on the eyes.

The eyes will be quite tedious as I'll first have to mask out the clear pink parts, spray the black area on, paint the eyes with enamel silver, then paint the eyes with acrylic green. I tried the enamel silver with acrylic paint technique previously with the eyes and scope on HG 1/144 Psycho Gundam and it turned out ok for me. Both eyes and scope were cast in black plastic.

HG 1/144 Psycho Gundam
Seeing the silvering on the decals makes me sad.

Basically, this means building the bases could very well take longer than the kits themselves.

Gundam HG 1/144 Unicorn Gundam Destroy & Unicorn Mode

Gundam HG 1/144 Unicorn Gundam Destroy & Unicorn Mode

Gundam HG 1/144 Unicorn Gundam Destroy & Unicorn Mode

Here's how they fit in my Gundam shelves.

Gundam HG 1/144 Unicorn Gundam Destroy & Unicorn Mode

Gundam HG 1/144 Unicorn Gundam Destroy & Unicorn Mode

And here's a look again at their awesome 1/100 Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite Unicorn Gundam counterpart.

1/100 Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite Unicorn Gundam

On a side note, I'm thankful that the staff of Metro Sengkang constantly bring in cool promotions/events for us, the most noteworthy being the Gundam Fiesta last year, where I scored one of my favourite figures ever, the Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite Psycho Gundam.

Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite Psycho Gundam

That event reignited my interest in Gundam, which resulted in me embarking on a mad rush to complete out-of-box builds of 4 PG 1/60 models and 1 HG 1/144 in the space of three months.

PG 1/60 RX-78 Gundam
PG 1/60 RX-78 Gundam


PG 1/60 RX-178 MKII Titans Gundam
PG 1/60 RX-178 MKII Titans Gundam


PG 1/60 Zeta Gundam
PG 1/60 Zeta Gundam


PG 1/60 Strike Gundam
PG 1/60 Strike Gundam


HG 1/144 Psycho Gundam
HG 1/144 Psycho Gundam

5 comments:

  1. Man! Those are some cool Gundam collection on display!

  1. neoconvoy says:

    metro dept store toy dept is not a toy store lah. u just want to support norman. admit it !!!

  1. Shaun says:

    Dennis, not as cool as your jumbo grade RX-78

    Ted, you must be living in the past, Norman works at Ikea now.

  1. desmond says:

    They look nice when displaying on the shelves :)

  1. Shaun says:

    Thanks Des, hope you get to create your own display area soon. :)