Gundam 1/48 Unicorn Head Base Destroy Mode for 1/144 HG Gundam Unicorn

Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 by Shaun in Labels: , ,
4

As promised, here's the 1/48 Unicorn Head Base in Destroy Mode.

1/48 Unicorn Head Base for 1/144 HG Gundam Unicorn

I cut short the time needed to work on this piece by eliminating one step of the initial process I wanted to use. I originally wanted to spray the eye area black, then paint over with enamel silver and finally with acrylic green. However, I skipped the spraying of the black, and used Gundam markers to colour the black area in. This effectively saved me one day. Here's how I changed the white area on the collar area to grey, from it's original white. Not the best of masking jobs, honestly. Everything was finished off with a matte coat.

1/48 Unicorn Head Base for 1/144 HG Gundam Unicorn

1/48 Unicorn Head Base for 1/144 HG Gundam Unicorn

1/48 Unicorn Head Base for 1/144 HG Gundam Unicorn

1/48 Unicorn Head Base for 1/144 HG Gundam Unicorn

1/48 Unicorn Head Base for 1/144 HG Gundam Unicorn

1/48 Unicorn Head Base for 1/144 HG Gundam Unicorn

1/48 Unicorn Head Base for 1/144 HG Gundam Unicorn

1/48 Unicorn Head Base for 1/144 HG Gundam Unicorn

1/48 Unicorn Head Base for 1/144 HG Gundam Unicorn

1/48 Unicorn Head Base for 1/144 HG Gundam Unicorn

1/48 Unicorn Head Base for 1/144 HG Gundam Unicorn

1/48 Unicorn Head Base for 1/144 HG Gundam Unicorn

1/48 Unicorn Head Base for 1/144 HG Gundam Unicorn

I simply coloured the scope on it's forehead acrylic green. It looks quite bad and maybe I should have put a layer of enamel silver prior to painting. No panel lines on this piece and maybe I'll skip panel lining all my Unicorn model kits.

1/48 Unicorn Head Base for 1/144 HG Gundam Unicorn

I'm glad I got round to painting it, as leaving it in it's original plastic colour would be too boring.

4 comments:

  1. Great works! Very good photos too!

  1. Shaun says:

    thanks, quite a bang up job actually, both the kit and photos. :)

  1. LEon says:

    You haven't apply the decal?

  1. Shaun says:

    Nope, they're not water slides right? If they're dry stickers, the edges will show and it will make the kit look quite ugly. I bought water slides for all my PGs as stickers would make them look quite bad.