Watchmen The Ultimate Cut DVD

Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 by Shaun in Labels: , ,
2

Just received this in the mail this morning. I had to order it online as the powers that be didn't think Jon Osterman's exposed member was suitable for mass market home viewing.

R1 Watchmen The Ultimate Cut DVD

Via watchmencomicmovie.com,
The Ultimate Cut, a fused combination of the director's cut and Tales of the Black Freighter animated comic, is packed onto the first disc along with an all-new audio commentary.

R1 Watchmen The Ultimate Cut DVD

Expect to also see lots more of the two Bernies at the NYC newsstand, whose banter usually segues into fragments of the Black Freighter pirate story.

R1 Watchmen The Ultimate Cut DVD

The five-disc DVD set will be presented in 2.35:1 1080p video and 5.1 Dolby TrueHD audio. Bonus features are as follows:

- Audio Commentary with Zack Snyder and Dave Gibbons
- The Phenomenon: The Comic that Changed Comics
- Real Super Heroes, Real Vigilantes
- Mechanics: Technologies of a Fantastic World
- Watchmen: Video Journals
- My Chemical Romance Desolation Row
- Under The Hood
- Story Within A Story: The Books of Watchmen
- Digital Copy of the Theatrical Version
- Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comics

R1 Watchmen The Ultimate Cut DVD

I ordered this from ebay as I had a very bad experience ordering with Amazon. I made an order on 7 September 09, and waited for five weeks for their expected delivery date to pass.

After it passed, I emailed Amazon and they asked me to wait another four weeks to confirm that the item was lost. They mentioned that in normal circumstances, they would send a replacement immediately. I don't know for the life of me what made my order abnormal.

I asked them if waiting four weeks the solution they could offer, and they asked me to wait three weeks. Very accomodating indeed!

By the end of three weeks, the item had still not arrived and I told them to change the order to the Ultimate edition, which was due to be released soon and since given the Christmas shipping rush and their stellar shipping speed, I would see the disc in 2010 anyway.

This is the first time in my life I have waited two months for an item shipped from the US. I've received stuff in five working days from the US, and seven working days from the UK. Hong Kong is the best cos I've received an item within three working days.

They graciously charged me the Director's Cut price for the Ultimate Edition, refunded my shipping and placed my order on their Expedited International Shipping, which would, by their impeccable arrival estimates, arrive before 2 December 2009. How exciting.

This eBay order which cost about US$5 more took only 6 working days to ship, and the disc was officially released on 10 November 2009.

Great to see that you're doing a mighty fine job of "building earth's most customer-centric company", Amazon!

I wonder if living up to their creed involves monitoring the internet for customer feedback on Amazon's services. I know companies who can be bothered about customer feedback subscribe to search terms related to their companies via aggregators, e.g., Google Blogsearch, and have their PR/social media people watch out for such things.

2 comments:

  1. neoconvoy says:

    I don't know for the life of me what made my order abnormal.

    must be your 26incher.

  1. Shaun says:

    Why must you tell the world about my terrible affliction?

    It's a 29 incher now.