Day 15: Gundam PG 1/60 RX-178 Titans Version

Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 by Shaun in Labels: , ,
3

As the varying widths and lengths of these flaps would potentially pose a problem during assembly, I decided to spray them on the runner as the unexposed portion is very small and need not be sprayed. I cut away the part of the sprue that connects to the flap portion that would be exposed and filed the excess plastic away before spraying.

Gundam PG 1/60 RX-178 Titans Version

I had originally intended to only apply top coat to the piece, but decided to go against it and shell out S$4 for a can of orange paint. It now looks quite a deep orange when compared to the original colour though.

Gundam PG 1/60 RX-178 Titans Version

3 comments:

  1. LEon says:

    bro. $4 per paint is cheap. Where can I get those paint? I need flat white, black and yellow. Will it melt the plastic? How you get the clip stand to hold the parts?

  1. Shaun says:

    hi LEon, I got from a hardware store in Serangoon, but I believe neighbourhood shops should stock it too. Don't try Homefix, they are useless. Dennis also uses this, you may want to check with him if he knows of any shops in the west/your neighbourhood.

    I used the same paint three years back on a gundam and it hasn't disintegrated since then, so it is quite safe. Remember to spray from a distance to prevent too thick a layer from forming.

    You mean the crocodile clips mounted on skewers? My brudder Arther gave them to me. He made them by stripping the rubber sheath of electrical crocodile clips and used a thin wire to secure it to satay sticks. Cost him less than $20 to do about 30 - 40 sticks. Alternatively, you can go to Hobby Art Gallery to buy ready made ones with metal rods replacing the satay sticks. They are selling a pack of 70 for S$43.90.

    Hope the info helps and looking forward to see your build.

  1. LEon says:

    Thanks for the info bro. Will ask Dennis to find out. :D