Changes round my toy room

Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 by Shaun in Labels: ,
11



The arrival of 1:6 Hot Toys Batmobile meant some rearranging had to be made to my toy room, cos there was no way I was gonna fit this behemoth into the old configuration. Here's how my toy room looks now.

Shaun's Hacienda of Action Figures & Toys

Shaun's Hacienda of Action Figures & Toys

Shaun's Hacienda of Action Figures & Toys

Shaun's Hacienda of Action Figures & Toys

Shaun's Hacienda of Action Figures & Toys

Shaun's Hacienda of Action Figures & Toys

Shaun's Hacienda of Action Figures & Toys

I shifted my toy photography desk to against the window. I'm now using corrugated boards as the background and have to close the windows and draw the curtains when I want to take photos.

Shaun's Hacienda of Action Figures & Toys

I'm now using this shelf for my books and other miscellaneous stuff, which was originally from my wife's study room as we're most likely renovating that room.

Shaun's Hacienda of Action Figures & Toys

The best part about rearranging is discovering new space.

After shifting my books to the shelf in the pix above, I had one empty shelf and used it to display 1:6 figures in the top shelf. I added in Encore reissue Bruticus in the middle shelf, and Superlink Combiners Superion, Bruticus & Devastator, as well as MP Magnus in the last shelf.

Shaun's Hacienda of Action Figures & Toys

For the next column, I increased the number of shelves to three to accomodate MP04 in vehicle mode in the middle row. I removed the Superlink combiners and added in the rest of the MP Seekers (Starscream, Thundercracker & Skywarp) where previously only G1 coloured Starscream was displayed.

Shaun's Hacienda of Action Figures & Toys

Here's an updated pix of my 1:6 Marvel figures shelf with Iron Man Mark 1 - 3.

Shaun's Hacienda of Action Figures & Toys

Finally, I cleared a shelf which used to house 6 -7 inch DC figures for Hot Toys 1:6 Bat-pod and Bandai's Bat-pod. They now sit just above my 1:6 Batman figures.

Shaun's Hacienda of Action Figures & Toys

That's all.

Shaun's Hacienda of Action Figures & Toys

11 comments:

  1. Icemoon says:

    Ooooh .. I saw an Otaku body. Waiting for your photoshoot. :)

  1. Shaun- looks like you need a bigger room for your collection!

  1. Joshua says:

    nice room totally....the figures, everything....you can start a toy museum already!

  1. Shaun says:

    @charlie: been very slow at taking toy pix these days bro. Hope for the best. :)

    @Dash: I'm thankful for the space I currently have.

    @Joshua: Thanks, but I wouldn't pay to see my own collection. LOL.

  1. The Rebel says:

    *Drool*....darn, that's a fine collection/display u got there bro!

  1. Shaun says:

    Thanks bro. :)

  1. desmond says:

    No matter how you arrange the room, still looks great with blue colour wall..

  1. JonLoh says:

    envy envy. for the space you have. I don't even have half a room to myself.

  1. Shin says:

    i envy your 1/6 collection, esp the HT batman figures. if only my wife allows me to buy half as many 1/6 figures as u have.

  1. memecomplex says:

    Nice room bro! Did you manage to contain all your toys in just this one room? Amazing!

  1. Shaun says:

    @des: Thanks

    @JonLoh: Parents or wife restriction? :)

    @Shin: But you've quite an awesome figure collection Shin.

    @memecomplex: Took up most of the store room, but mainly boxes there. Here's where I display at least 80% of my stuff.