Liverpool FC adidas 1995/96 Away Kit

Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 by Shaun in Labels: , ,
5

Got this from Classic Football Shirts recently...

Liverpool FC adidas 1995/96 Away Kit

Always wanted this shirt cos it was the away shirt they were using when I first started supporting them. I could not afford it them and kept regretting not being able to buy it. When I started collecting in 97, only the Reebok shirts were available.

Liverpool FC adidas 1995/96 Away Kit

Liverpool FC adidas 1995/96 Away Kit

Liverpool FC adidas 1995/96 Away Kit

Liverpool FC adidas 1995/96 Away Kit

Liverpool FC adidas 1995/96 Away Kit

Liverpool FC adidas 1995/96 Away Kit

Liverpool FC adidas 1995/96 Away Kit

Liverpool FC adidas 1995/96 Away Kit

Liverpool FC adidas 1995/96 Away Kit

I was surprised to discover that this shirt was made in England, cos when I visited in 96, the adidas items I bought then were made in Malaysia or Indonesia. This could well be one of the last adidas items made there.

Liverpool FC adidas 1995/96 Away Kit

While my most vivid memory of this shirt is that of the '96 FA Cup final where the team came out dressed in Armani suits, looking like ice cream salesman and losing to Eric Cantona's Manchester United, it's classic shirt that I'm really happy to finally own.

I see the 06/07 Euro Away kit as a tribute to this classic shirt.
Liverpool FC adidas 2006/07 Away Kit

5 comments:

  1. The Rebel says:

    Cool vintage jersey Shaun! I love those early/mid 90s EPL races....most of the teams were chasing the pack....errr....rather MU for the title. Most of the teams were still not 'contaminated' by the money/ownership squabbles of today's EPL scene.

    I also got my Blackburn Championship jersey (with the 94/95 EPL Champion embedded at its left chest) some time back ago frm eBay! Sweet 90s memories... :D

  1. Shaun says:

    Thanks bro, do post pix of your Blackburn kit, I'm sure you'll have fun photographing it as much as I did. It should be really cool if I remember it correctly as the kit show have the Champions wording embroided in the kit?

    What to do? Football has to change with the mercenary times.

  1. The Rebel says:

    Mercenary times eh? Well said my friend... :p

    Yeah, that shirt has the whole '94/95 champion' thing embroided on it. Thats a superb idea...I think I'll have a photo shoot of it one day...hehe.Thx fr the suggestion!

  1. Sandy says:

    i think this is the best design of Liverpool away football shirt all time hehehe you agree with that?

    i have this shirt with name #17 Mc MANAMAN in 1996 but i sold it :( i don't know what i thinking in that time

    but i get it back from ebay about 1 month ago..

    Y N W A bro...

  1. Shaun says:

    Hi Sandy, thanks for dropping by. While green is more our sponsor's colour than the team's, it's one of my favourite cos it was the kit they were using in the year I started supporting them.

    Great to hear you managed to score this a second time!

    Have a great weekend. :)