Evolutionism of 1/6 Head Sculptures from Milk Magazine

Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 by Shaun in Labels:
6



Thanks to Andy from Toysrevil for the alert & pix.



I always make it a point to pick up MILK magazine when I visit Hong Kong as they cover cool clothes and toys.

Evolution of 1/6 Head Sculpts from Milk Magazine
Evolution of 1/6 Head Sculpts from Milk Magazine


Coincidentally, I have about 2 of the headsculpts pictured in each of the five lines.



Hot Toys True Type Caucasian, Relaunch VersionHot Toys Movie Masterpiece Clark KentSteven Gerrard, Origins unknownMedicom Superman ReturnsHot Toys CIA
Sideshow James Bond Sean ConneryHot Toys Bank Robber JokerHot Toys Tony StarkHot Toys Bruce WayneHot Toys Polar Mountain Striker Headsculpt

Row 1, Headsculpt 1:

Hot Toys True Type Caucasian, Relaunch Version

Hot Toys True Type Caucasian, Relaunch Version

Row 1, Headsculpt 4:

Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Clark Kent

Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Clark Kent

Row 2, Headsculpt 4:

Steven Gerrard, Origins unknown

Steven Gerrard, Origins unknown

Row 2, Headsculpt 10:

Medicom Superman Returns

Medicom Superman Returns

Row 3, Headsculpt 2:

Hot Toys CIA

Hot Toys CIA

Row 3, Headsculpt 12:

Sideshow James Bond Sean Connery

Sideshow James Bond Sean Connery

Row 4, Headsculpt 4:

Hot Toys Bank Robber Joker

Hot Toys Bank Robber Joker

Row 4, Headsculpt 5:

Hot Toys Tony Stark

Hot Toys Tony Stark
(The figure is using the Century Hobby/Toys2 suit, very cool!)

Row 5, Headsculpt 4:

Hot Toys Bruce Wayne

Hot Toys Bruce Wayne

Row 5, Headsculpt 9:

Hot Toys Polar Mountain Striker Headsculpt

Hot Toys Polar Mountain Striker Headsculpt

I wanted to include the following head sculpts in the list namely Jack Sparrow (Row 2, Headsculpt 8) and Detective Mills (Row 5, Headsculpt 3)...

Hot Toys Jack Sparrow

Hot Toys Jack Sparrow

Dr Figure Detective Mills

Dr Figure Detective Mills

...but my Jack Sparrow headsculpt isn't the one that came with Cannibal Jack and my Detective Mills is a knock-off.

Which makes it a paltry 10/56 = < 20% of hits.

I think my 1:6 Guru can easily hit more than 50% of the sculpts pictured.



tags:
| | |

6 comments:

  1. I don't have any of those head sculpts, but I do have that hockey mask/red hoodie combo, which also comes with green combats and trainers :)

  1. Shaun says:

    cool, where does that figure originate from?

  1. Not sure who produced it (it might've been Hot Toys way back in their infancy), but the clothing is branded with "Dusty". I only bought it because it was listed on Ningyoushi.com and I was obsessed with buying everything from them :)

  1. Shaun says:

    thanks for enlightening, would love to see pix of the figure on your blog if you have the time. :)

  1. you are scarily accurate - do you have a hidden camera somewhere in my place? i counted 25 but thanks for the vote of confidence :)

  1. Shaun says:

    No my guru, I simply remember seeing a lot of the figures on the pix at your place.