Let's all do a Personal Favourite Toys of 2009 List

Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 by Shaun in Labels:
32

Shall we do this again? Admittedly I'm quite distracted by Gundam these days, struggling to clear my Jan 2010 checklist AND haven't bought that many toys this year. But I think I can find some time to pull it off.



My list will feature some toys I haven't had the chance to snap pix of (example), and it will definitely push me to get round to taking more toy photos.

This are the lists that I came up with last year.
Favourite Toys of 2008



Favourite Kitbashes of 2008


Favourite Toy/Comic Events of 2008


Be cool to see and read about fellow hobby bloggers' favourite hauls in 2009. :)

Originally posted on 11/19/08
As we're reaching the end of the year, I would like to propose that my toy blogging buddies come up with a list of their favourite toys scored in 2008. I did something like that last year, and it was a nice nostalgic reflection on additions to my collection over the course of the year.

I came up with my list quite late in December last year, giving my friends (actually, just TED) too little time to react. Hopefully, this time round, more people (hopefully at least two) will respond.

So if you're up to it, let's set the first week of 31st December as the deadline for the list. No rules for the post, just whatever toys you scored in 2008 that you think really rock. It'd be fun to check out each of our posts.

EDIT: As 1:6 guru enquired about the post, here's a suggested format.

Example.

TED's 2008 Top 10 Fave Toy List
1) Toy/Toyline Name: TED-Tickles



Description of Toy/Toyline: TED-Tickles was the breakthrough line of the year, with toy industry insiders claiming that it accounted for 95% of the industry's sales. It is revered by the majority of collectors for being the pinnacle of innovation, while slammed in certain quarters for being a blatant variation of a soft toy from a popular children's TV programme some years back. While flicking the toy's pelvic pouches gently to illicit 'TED-isms' from the toy may be seen as crass, the vast majority has warmly embraced this toy this year, propelling it to number one on this list.

Link to more photos/previous review/personal blog post of toy: http://tedtickles.com


It's going to be your post, so add or remove items as you wish.

tags:
| | |

32 comments:

  1. i'm game :) how do we do this? just a list or with attachments? you make the call and we'll see where we go from there.

  1. Shaun says:

    hi my guru, cool! Let's just create a post on each of our blogs that lists our own top ten fave toys. each entry must contain the title of the toy or toyline, as well as an image of the toy, and where available, link to more pix of the toy. how does that sound?

  1. ah so, dat'll do. sounds GREAT!! btw, r we meeting up tomorrow for the blogging wksp?

  1. Shaun says:

    eh will meet you there directly my guru, got a meeting at office in the morn, damn sian.

  1. amithi says:

    Neat! I'll start thinking about my list. ;)

  1. Shaun says:

    be looking forward to check it out amithi, you've made quite a few cool purchases this year. :)

  1. Kenny says:

    Neat idea, would like to participate but I got quite a few deadlines to meet before my vacation.

  1. Shaun says:

    ah kenny, how bout by end December? when you're back and scored more stuff from HK?

  1. Super idea!! Is the deadline till 31st Dec 08??

  1. Shaun says:

    ok guys let's all get our posts up latest by 31 Dec 08? Have amended the post. That way we'll be able to accommodate any toys that get released in the last week of the year.

  1. Joshua says:

    fantastic idea shaun... will be partaking in it by 31st dec!

    cheers mate!

  1. Laurens says:

    does TEDtickles comes with his frens(eg. sac-o-jiz)?

  1. Kenny says:

    Haha... will try, will try.

  1. Mick says:

    Good idea. Will try to do a list as well

  1. What an awesome idea! I'm definitely going to do this (thank you for the 31st deadline!)

    Heheh!
    (I did get some cool toys this year!) :)

  1. Armand says:

    So do we post the list on 31st December simultaneously or do we post it anytime we want before the 31st?

  1. Shaun says:

    hey erica, looking forward to your post. :) Do include your customs if you're so inclined as well as they rock.

    armand, anytime before that, if you're good to go, do start the ball rolling.

  1. Shaun says:

    @arthur: Re: does TEDtickles comes with his frens(eg. sac-o-jiz)? His mascots like Kumon Maiface, can be arranged my brudder.

  1. LEon says:

    Sound fun but I haven't buy more than 10 toys this year I think... nevertheless I see what I can come out. (it maybe some old toys but there are my favorites. LOL

  1. Shaun says:

    Ah top ten's just a name Leon, it's just an attempt at nostalgic reflection, toy or hobby-wise, about 2009. :)

    Looking forward to your posts!

  1. desmond says:

    Okie bro..will do that before end of this year :P

  1. Mick says:

    That was fun last year. So let's do it again. I'm in it.

  1. Shaun says:

    @des: you've taken alot of photos and collected alot of toys this year bro, looking forward to your list.

    @mick: your memento mori series is really shaping up to be something awesome!

  1. Amithi says:

    Count me in!

    That said I wonder why my feed reader didn't show this posting...

  1. Interested of course! I will do so by the end of this year. Cheers!

  1. Hey bro...of course I am in...time to get my Golden Little Plastic Man out of storage! The LPM 2009 Awards is here again!

  1. I'll give it a shot--though this year has been pretty slim on the toy buying front.

    (gee I really should finish the one from 2008)

  1. The Rebel says:

    I'm game Shaun......I can recall my top 10 fav toys for '09 at the top of my head now. Wait a minute.....hadn't I purchased JUST 10 toys during 2009? LOL! So it's just a matter of arranging them according to preference!...hehe...will get em up posted as soon.

  1. Shaun says:

    @amithi, dennis, adrian, erica, looking forward to your lists. I've gotta get off my ass and start on mine too.

    @zakri: I don't think I bought that many toys in 09 as well, though there were loads of other collectible that I picked up this year.

  1. Shawn- I'll try posting my favorites for 2009 in the next couple of days. I just moved recently, and getting settled into the new house has made regular blogging kinda tough!
    BTW- your biceps get goddamn bigger with every new profile pic! What the hell are you eating!?!

  1. Ok Shaun.... I finally finished the top 10 from 2008 (heh. yea. late. I know...)

    Finishing up Top 10 of 2008


    I'm now getting started on the Top 10 of 2009! ;P

  1. Shaun says:

    @dash: looking forward to check out your list and congrats on the move. Erm, non genetically modified food I hope. LOL

    @Erica: Thanks for the heads up, have visited and commented. :)