2001 Hot Toys X Adidas 1:6 Kobe Bryant

Posted: Thursday, November 06, 2008 by Shaun in Labels: , ,
2



Thanks to my fave toy store for bringing this figure in and Andy for identifying this figure.



I first saw this box sitting high up on the shelves at Action City when they still had a shop at the Heeren and even TED, who was with me when I spotted it, had no idea too.



I like stuff from adidas, and when I came across this item on a toy site from China, it was hard to resist scoring a licensed adidas 1:6 figure.



It was only when I scored it that I realised that this figure was a collaboration with Hot Toys.



Do bear in mind that this is a very old figure, hence the goofy face sculpt.







The highlight of this figure is the clothes, which are made of pleather and has adidas signature stripes.



His threads are definitely too baggy, but well-tailored, which is quite impressive, given the fact that it was done way back then.



There are buttons on the pant legs which were quite common in sportwear then.



Here's a closer look at his kicks.







He also comes with an adidas towel, sweat-band, shorts and tee (which is yellowing, sadly).





This is a novelty item, quite decent if you're an adidas fan and 1:6 collector, and probably a must-have if you're a fan of Kobe Bryant.





tags:
| | |

2 comments:

  1. desmond says:

    Shaun, good score for this adidas mechandise. I like the accessories like towel and shoes..Very realistic!!

  1. Shaun says:

    thanks bro :)