1:6 Loading Toys Dangerous Man

Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 by Shaun in Labels: , ,
7





New company Loading Toys' first 1:6 release brings us a head sculpt that resembles a certain secret agent...

Him, specifically.



This set comes in a nice looking box, which makes me wonder whether the price could be reduced if they didn't spend so much effort on the packaging.





The package contains a foam tray with compartments for each individual item.





The items you get with this set include:

Head, Neck Connector, Black Shirt, Blue Jacket, Jeans, Lettering version P99, p99 Silencer, 511 Low Caliga and a bottle of glue.

I don't like the clothes in this set. The jacket has a huge zipper, the black shirt is made of very thin material and the jeans are too baggy.

Otherwise, the following items are good.


P99 and silencer


Shoes





And the head, which is cast in resin, and has a very good sculpt.











Loading Toys recommended using a Hot Toys or BBI body for this figure, but I used the Saturday Toys/Playhouse S1 body.



This doesn't really work well as the recessed lower neck area of the Saturday Toys/Playhouse S1 body is not as deep as the recommended bodies, which means the non-flesh toned neck connector is visible. It is also shorter than HT and BBI bodies, with result in crumpled pant cuffs.















I really like the sculpt from this figure, but I do find the set quite costly.





tags:
| | |

7 comments:

  1. Kenny says:

    Pity the packaging, but the sculpt is pretty fantastic, I think.

  1. Shaun says:

    frankly, I could do without the packaging, if it meant a lower cost. Guess it's one of the more decent sculpts out there bro.

  1. Very impressive set, & good photos from you as always!

    Costly as to what?
    To your 13" DC Direct fugly?

  1. Shaun says:

    i will layeth the smackdown on your candy ass, Supernanny!

    Costly as compared to a Sat Toys suit which comes with clothes, body and headsculpt, for less the price.

  1. m says:

    I'm tempted to get one (that is assuming my local retailer can order for me) however, I think Sideshow will finally make one, and/or hot toys will be making a Daniel Craig hs for their next military figure.

  1. vader says:

    Shaun,

    Gotta thank you again for pointing me to TFH where I was able to order this kit. I have it on a Hot Toys Truetype and it looks great. I posted a mini-review and some photos of my Daniel Craig figure on AFHUB (if anyone cares to look :-)).

    PG

  1. Shaun says:

    @m: Hope your local retailer helps you to score this.

    @vader: Pete, good to know your figure reached you. Have checked out the review, it's good, thanks for the headsup. :)