1:6 DID US Presidential Election 2008 Obama

Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 by Shaun in Labels: ,
11



Brought to you by DID...



This figure comes in quite a nice looking box.











I think the likeness is quite good.











However, I suspect DID was trying to rush this toy out, cos his suit is very crumpled, which could well be the result of workers trying to fit the figure into the package in the fastest time.



He also comes with a second interchangeable head...







...and the following accessories.


US flag, flag pole, metal flag pole base, two additional pairs of hands, a wooden stool, a microphone, blue tie and watch.

I'm sorely tempted to switch his body for a black Hot Toys True Type, but that would probably make his shoulders too broad.



Politics aside, this is a historical figure.

The only other DID figures that I have are totally unrelated to this toy...



... and I would eventually want to pose him next to this kitbash I came up with earlier.





tags:
| | |

11 comments:

  1. desmond says:

    Wah bro!! Obama supporter huh..Haha!! Anyway, the likeness is quite accurate. Definitely worth buying!!

  1. What suit would you recommend if one wanted to upgrade him?

  1. Hail to the Chief!
    Great figure, man. If McCain had won, you wouldn't of needed to buy a new figure- you could have just used Yoda.

  1. Shaun says:

    @des: It's more like wanting a figure of the President Elect, since I've his predecessor.

    @greg: I would use either of Saturday Toys suits, available here and here.

    @dash: That thought is quite brutal.

  1. Iron his clothes!

  1. Shaun says:

    Marcus, because you have asked me twice to perform household chores, you will henceforth be known as Supernanny.

  1. m says:

    how much did you got this one shaun?

  1. Shaun says:

    Hi m, same price as DID offered, which is US$60.

  1. To me the pictures on the box do not look like him, but after you have taken him out the resemblance is there. Nice score!

  1. Shaun says:

    thanks Adrian, are you looking at getting this too?

  1. Nah...the figure does not interest me...:P