Weapons of Mass Desire at the National Museum of Singapore

Posted: Monday, September 29, 2008 by Shaun in Labels: , , , ,
0

I was at the National Museum of Singapore today for an event and chanced upon this exhibition.


Pardon the pix, which were taken using my camera phone

I'll leave the reviews to the experts, so here are some pix I took of stuff in the exhibition that interest me.

National Rice Cooker



I remember Mum using this rice cooker, and I've a feeling many fellow Singaporeans would have memories of this too.

Camouflage in Fashion



This display immediately triggered thoughts of Mark Ong who uses camo motifs in his work. A side effect of recently reading Art & Sole, I guess.



Vespa

I learnt that Vespa had a factory in Singapore, way back in the 60s (or 50s?) which gives us some old skool cool!





Not that I like the above colourway, I prefer it when it comes like this.



I would recommend that you drop by if you're in the area, or need a short breather from the bustle of the city.



It's free and it runs till 4 Jan 2009.

tags: yesterday.sg

0 comments: