Mattel 10 Inch Rotocast Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman

Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 by Shaun in Labels: , , ,
2

Wiki's write up about about Mattel's Justice League line goes as follows. Note that they're talking about the 4 inch line.



"The idea for the figures began as DC Direct sculpts by sculptor, Karen Palinko, which were later handed over to Mattel. They were then released under the Justice League line. They all sported nearly the same look as the original sculpts. Later on newer sculpts were made for all the heroes (except Hawkgirl) to add articulation and accommodate large accessories. Aquaman was later added, making the total number of heroes eight. Three villains were also produced, Lex Luthor, the Ultra-Humanite and Darkseid."

I like Bruce Timm's rendition of these figures, and actually wanted to collect all 10" versions of the main league members as I thought it'd be cool to see them lined up in my shelves. I missed out on Flash when it hit retail and didn't try to actively hunt for the rest of them later on. If you've pix of your 10" league online, do point me to the link in the comments section of this post. I think they'd look quite cool together.

Then I figured out an alternative line would look equally good, if not better.



But it sure is damn irritating that I've to go like a broken record about the lack of Diana and even resorting to kitbashing my own.

Though they've got limited articulation, I found fiddling with them to be quite fun. They're made of vinyl, hollow inside but not bad for a S$30 toy.

Superman is Superman and quite hefty and can actually be used to knock your friends out with a quick blow to the head. I would say it's an amazing figure cos he leaves you wondering how he manages to stand upright with that huge torso.



Wonder Woman's one fine figure, love her proportions, slightly huge head but not the material which her tits are made of. It's yellowed over time and is rather unsightly for the Amazon goddess to have differing skin tones.



Batman is very nicely done, and any fan of BTAS would love this figure. His coolness quotient increases as the number of days to TDK decreases.



At the present moment, these figs are in storage, having made room for my DC Direct 13" figures, which are becoming less of a priority as their price point increases.



I've plans to place these figs somewhere more prominent and we'll see how that pans out.

tags:
| | |

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous says:

    I was very excited when these first came out, as I was watching the justice league cartoon at the time. My wife and I started collecting them while they were still being released (she is a HUGE wonder woman fan so I got her that one first). We ran into trouble finding only two of them, green lantern (which my wife purchased online) and flash, which we lucked out and found someone had returned him to a walmart. We have 10 of them in all. superman, batman, wonder woman, green lantern, martian manhunter, hawkgirl, flash, green arrow, aquaman, and atom. we have been waiting diligently for the alternate costumes for flash superman and green lantern however i think that we have missed them at this point.

  1. Shaun says:

    Hi, thanks for sharing your collecting experience. The league must really look magnificent when posed together.