Seby's Hot Toys Clark Kent Kitbash

Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 by Shaun in Labels: , , , , ,
11

Seby, who goes by the nick supes78 at the DC Direct Message Boards, dropped by to share pix of his kitbashed Clark Kent.



He'd emailed me to discuss ways that he could acquire a Superman undershirt with the 'S' symbol, to allow Clark to be displayed in his shirt rip pose.

Having previously attempted (badly) to achieve this with a Ken Superman's costume with Medicom Clark Kent, I suggested it as a solution to Seby, which was much cheaper than acquiring another Hot Toys Clark Kent figure.

I'm glad to see Seby pull off the bash with Ken Superman's costume and a Rambo First Blood (M65 Jacket Version)'s body. He shared that he'd to remove the cotton padding in the Ken Superman's suit though.

IMHO, think he pulled off a cool bash. Good work, Seby!





For info on how to pull off a Hot Toys Clark Kent Kitbash, look here.
tags:
| | |

11 comments:

  1. Leroy says:

    Hey Shaun, i know this isnt your bash but you might know, My Supes is on the way and i want to kitbash up a Clark as well. will the barbie costume fit an ordinary hot toys truetype bode or will it be a bit saggy?

  1. Shaun says:

    Hey leroy, this is exactly what Seby shared with me, "The Ken outfit fit pretty well once I took out the padding (just cut little slits on the inside and took out the cotton balls). The outfit is a little snug but movement is not really restricted." Hope it addresses your concerns.

    If at all, I'd expect it to be a tight fit as the Hot Toys True Type body's torso is quite bulky.

  1. Leroy says:

    Sweet thanks Shaun, now i mut go hunting.

  1. Shaun says:

    happy hunting Leroy, hope u manage to pull off your bash successfully.

  1. Leroy says:

    found ken woohoo now for a true type thats not bronze.

  1. supes78 says:

    I was very surprised to find loose Ken Supes outfits on ebay. Like I told Shaun, I only spent around $25 for the extra body and Supes outfit and I got a whole new figure out of it.

  1. Shaun says:

    that was fast, Leroy. :)

    seby, thanks for dropping a comment. Let me know how your Bruce Wayne bash works out.

  1. supes78 says:

    Here's a pic of the two figures together for comparison;

    http://tinyurl.com/yq7kyk

    I like the slightly larger 'S' symbol on the Ken Supes outfit. I think it makes the open shirt pose more dynamic.

  1. Shaun says:

    thanks for the pix Seby. Nice standee in the background. :)

  1. Leroy says:

    Yep i dont muck around, ebay is great though i still cant find any non bronze truetypes grrrr

  1. leroy says:

    Seby thanks for the pics man its much appreciated.