1:1 Merrell Chameleon II Leather (Gunmetal) & Passage Ventilator Mid (Walnut) Hiking Shoes

Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 by Shaun in Labels: , ,
12

This is probably the first time I've looked for a 1:1 representation of a 1:6 item I own...



Props to pro bro for bringing this to my attention. Read his post about Merrell shoes being available at Royal Sporting House's warehouse sale early this morning, went to church and made my way down thereafter.

Why the rush? Well, the shoes were going for S$30/US$18 (approx) off the usual S$150/US$100 price. That's a fifth of the original cost.

Secondly, I'd no idea these shoes were available in Sg at all.

Most importantly, the Hot Toys CIA figure uses the Chameleon II which pro bro had scored.

















Thanks again for the headsup pro bro!




I also came across the Passage Ventilator Mid (Walnut), which looked close to what SDU 3.0 CASUAL WEAR ver. wears...



... though I think the Sawtooth would be a closer representation.

It was going for the same price, and the colour was close to the SDU's shoes, so why not?





















Now if I can only come across the Legacy model...



...which looks close to what the Hot Toys PMC wears.



tags:
| | |

12 comments:

  1. great scores!
    you do know that these are not toys eh? LOL
    It seems like you have taken ur hobby to the next level by going 'cosplay'. ROFL

    thanks for pointing out the resembrance.
    i was still telling arthur yesterday that it resembled some HT shoes, but could not name and not confirm.
    you have proven my point.

    they sure are great scores!
    Merrell shoes are damn good!
    I had a pair which lasted me 5 years, maximum usage but minimum wear on the sole.
    it was retired due to the worn out cloth in-sole.

  1. i thought I saw Phaser Rush as well.
    There were total of 3 Hiking models on sale.

  1. Shaun says:

    WILLIAM TAN said...
    great scores! you do know that these are not toys eh? LOL


    Too late! I already bought one for play and another for display Pro Bro.

    WILLIAM TAN said...
    It seems like you have taken ur hobby to the next level by going 'cosplay'. ROFL


    Nope Arthur is the one. Eh next time we go toy hunting after my exams you be CIA I be SDU.

    WILLIAM TAN said...
    thanks for pointing out the resembrance.
    i was still telling arthur yesterday that it resembled some HT shoes, but could not name and not confirm.
    you have proven my point.


    You are a sixth scale champion who can not only identify famous faces (like tim), but shoes as well.

    WILLIAM TAN said...
    they sure are great scores!
    Merrell shoes are damn good!
    I had a pair which lasted me 5 years, maximum usage but minimum wear on the sole.
    it was retired due to the worn out cloth in-sole.


    Eh cool! No more adidas shoes for me then! 'Cept maybe Superstars.

    WILLIAM TAN said...
    i thought I saw Phaser Rush as well.
    There were total of 3 Hiking models on sale.


    Didn't see, wasted.

  1. Laurens says:

    You fan boys!!!

  1. Shaun says:

    thanks for the directions this morning Arthur. Now you take this comment back.

  1. Laurens says:

    ok lah,they r cool

  1. Shaun says:

    that's the spirit!

  1. arthur is just jealous that he didnt score one of his size!
    what to do when he is just 1/6th bro.

  1. Shaun says:

    hey hey hey, don't knock Arthur yet. Apparently, some men & woman like the fact that he's 1/6th bro. Good for you arthur!

  1. Anonymous says:

    Hot Toys CIA figure is wearing SALOMON EXPERT MID while Hot Toys SDU is wearing MERRELL CHAMELEON VENTILATOR and lastly, Hot Toys PMC is wearing ASOLO FUSION 95 GTX

  1. Anonymous says:

    new Hot Toys figures US ARMY RANGER 75th REGIMENT with Mk.16 (SCAR-L) and US ARMY RANGER 75th REGIMENT with M249 wears MERRELL SAWTOOTH. FYI