Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Superman Returns / Clark Kent & Jor El 2007 Release

Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 by Shaun in Labels: , ,
3

Thousands of thanks to Xenoviper who posted this article at Medi World.

I'd always regretted not picking up an extra Superman Returns and Clark Kent figure for keeps, and this announcement of a 2-in-1 version of CK/Supes is really welcome.



Based on my earlier speculation, we really got Big Daddy Cool himself. A figure that took 29 years to see the light of day. It's a sixth scale Marlon Brando which is just making my frickin head spin.



According to the article and my substandard understanding of Mandarin, Superman's cape will be removable to facilitate the Clark Kent transformation. Also, they've made some improvements to the costume, most noticeably the patterns on the blue fabric of costume as seen in this pix. The insignia looks the same as the previous version though. And the undies are supposed to be more form fitting.



Most obviously, they've tweaked the headsculpt to make him look more aggressive and masculine, rather than the vacuous, feminine features the first version was sporting.



This pix shows CK with a different coloured suit. Hope this is the case.



The article goes on to say some Korean clothes guru/seamstress/tailor was tasked to design Jor El's costume.



The bulk of the article, namely the beginning and the end, exalt the greatness of Hot Toys and how they've listened to the fussy fans and took a year to come up with the perfect version of Superman. Take that with a pinch of salt cos Hot Toys have always looked to rehashes to milk collectors, but you gotta give them credit for Marlon Frickin Brando.

The two-in-one version is a god-send for those who've been hunting for the Superman Returns figure for a while and this announcement is sure gonna bring the crazy prices for this figure down.

It's pointless getting one set to keep changing CK to Supes and back, cos the boots are a bitch to remove, and the costume's not gonna hold up to constantly handling. Guess I'll need to pick up at least two then. :)

Here's what came before:

Hot Toys Superman Returns


Hot Toys Clark Kent


Hot Toys Clark Kent with Alternate Superman Head

tags:
| | |

3 comments:

  1. 'm says:

    ooh! i hope this comes real soon so you can add it to the collection. :)

    i'll be able to hear your whoops of joy, clear across the island.

    er, doesnt Jor-El wear a different symbol? its different for each Kryptonian right?

  1. imnewhere says:

    I think my favorite new adjustment to the Supes figure is the tweaked headsculpt. He has that fierce "don't mess with me" kind of look, which is great for all kinds of poses, like the "gotta make it in time" flying pose.

    I expect the price point to be a lot higher than the original, seeing as you get two figures in one. I'm sorta happy I waited on getting the current HT supes.

    Jor-El looks like a pass to me. I love Marlon Brando's work and he had tremendous talent, but come on, you're buying a 1/6 figure of Superman's dad. It would make more sense if this was a statue. I'd rather HT had made Superman dressed in the Kryptonian suit.

  1. Shaun says:

    'm said...
    ooh! i hope this comes real soon so you can add it to the collection. :)

    i'll be able to hear your whoops of joy, clear across the island.

    er, doesnt Jor-El wear a different symbol? its different for each Kryptonian right?


    The whoops of joy won't be as loud as when I picked up CK, remember that, Em.

    Nope afaik the mythology has kryptonians of the same house wearing the same symbol, in the case, the house of el.

    Maybe I need to start one with the house of wong. My symbol would be 27".

    imnewhere said...
    I think my favorite new adjustment to the Supes figure is the tweaked headsculpt. He has that fierce "don't mess with me" kind of look, which is great for all kinds of poses, like the "gotta make it in time" flying pose.

    I expect the price point to be a lot higher than the original, seeing as you get two figures in one. I'm sorta happy I waited on getting the current HT supes.

    Jor-El looks like a pass to me. I love Marlon Brando's work and he had tremendous talent, but come on, you're buying a 1/6 figure of Superman's dad. It would make more sense if this was a statue. I'd rather HT had made Superman dressed in the Kryptonian suit.


    I'm glad you waited rather than pay ridiculous prices for this fig. I'm glad I didn't end up picking up another copy of the first HT Supes.

    But its Marlon Brando bro. :)