Transformers Generation One Commemorative Reissue Ultra Magnus

Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2007 by Shaun in Labels: ,
4

The one of earliest memory of trannies was visiting my cousin, Leonard (getting married this year btw. Congrats!) at his home when I was about 6. His room was a veritable trannies toyland and he generously allowed me to muck around with his toys.

Ultra Magnus was one of the toys I clearly remember playing with...



I started collecting trannies in 2002, the G1 reissues in particular. While I'd no qualms about picking up prime, megs, hot rod and starscream, I didn't want to get Magnus then, as I felt how Galvatron owned him in the trannies animated movie made him out to be quite the pansy.

As the G1 reissues gained popularity and frequency of release, so did Magnus' price and availability.

Five years on, its all thanks to my friends at the hangar that I finally get to own Magnus. Not for his coolness, but more for my collection's completeness.

















(PS: Yes, I know its the Hasbro shortened smokestakes version and I didn't attach the missiles to the shoulder cannons. Any other mistakes you can point out qualifies you as a greater fanboy than me.)




tags:








4 comments:

  1. this is one situation when you need a dark colored background.
    can't see the details clearly.
    damn... never realised that the classic transformers toys being so 'blocky' and had limited articulation! looks like a happy meal toy!

  1. Shaun says:

    yup, will reshoot sometime down the road pro bro.

    Eh, G1 TF all like that mah.

  1. Shaun says:

    ok done reshooting on black bckgrd, thanks for the tip pro bro.

  1. nice! now i can see the pistol clearly!