Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 by Shaun in Labels:
1

Up yours Warner Singapore!

The cause of my consternation?


Look, Up in the Sky - The Amazing Story of Superman

My previous Clarke Quay comic contact (S$20 flat for Swamp Thing, Watchmen, V, Crisis on Infinite Earths, Kingdom Come and DK books, you can't beat that) / current DVD contact, at HMV shared with me that Warner Sg had banned sales of this disc in Singapore, simply cos it contained scenes from the movie and they were worried it would affect the ticket sales.

What a fricking load of blistered bollocks! In the states, the documentary got shown on TV and went on sale way before the movie.

To make it even worse, their promo materials of Superman DVDs didn't even carry an image of the disc and they were only planning to release it when the movie dvd came out.

What really got me in the bollocks was that two copies were actually on HMV's shelves for two days before some mo fo bought it and Warner pulled the other copy.

Another contact in HMV mentioned that she could get it for me for S$26, off the retail price of, get this, S$38.90. Another load of bull cos it's US price is $10.

So it was the amazon alternative for me. With shipping all in, the disc came to about $26.

The wait was an agonizing three weeks, in which I'd watched Superman thrice, without have to pay for any of the movies. The irony of it all.

The disc came in the mail last Friday, I bawled my ass off watching it, I'm happy as a camper, and all is right with the world.

But still...

UP YOURS WARNER SINGAPORE!

tags:


1 comments:

  1. Zod says:

    So when are you going to invite me to your place to watch?